Friday, October 15, 2004

2 weeks completed

And I'm still really enjoying it. I've read one novel (The Italian) and I'm whizzing through Frankenstein, which I'm really enjoying. I'm a bit scared because I have to read Kant this weekend and I'm frightened that I won't have a clue what he's on about.

I do think that I'm THINKING more about things though now. Before, I used to go to work, do my job, go home, slump in front of the telly, with not much variation. Now, I watch an awful lot less on the box and talk more to my husband about things that I've read. He did a degree in philosophy and psychology, which helps a lot. But it's funny when we're walking round town or in the pub and we start having conversations like 'You know beauty, what is it?'. It's nice. So, Gothic Studies is the way forward to self improvement and improving communication between spouses.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Hi there.

I f you're husband is into philosophy and that sort of thing then it might interest you to read God's Debris by Scott Adams.

iknow he's just a cartoonist like me, but he actually has some interesting things to say in this book. Anyway, here's the link where you can download it . . .

http://www.andrewsmcmeel.com/godsdebris/

Indeed.

January 7, 2006 at 12:19 AM

 
Blogger Steve said...

OKk the link didn't work, but jst copy and paste into your browser.

But I'm sure you realised that already. Natch.

January 7, 2006 at 12:21 AM

 
Blogger The Saturnyne said...

Is this the same Bex, a regular commentee on Helen's Evil Empire?

I just dropped by... i saw her blog was gone, and was hoping she was ok...

I don't imagine you'll reply, too... this post i see is staring at 2 yrs of age in a few months =[

S.x

April 4, 2006 at 1:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home