Monday, October 04, 2004

Hello!

This is my blog about life as a part time, post graduate, mature (if you say so), student at the University of Glamorgan.

I am about to start an MA in Gothic Studies. I haven't been in any form of education for 10 years, so I'm a bit scared really.

When I went to enrol last week, I met the course tutor who was really nice and helpful and I chose my first module that I will be studying this week. I have got a reading list and have already been to the library to get my first books out.

Lots of people have asked what Gothic Studies is and why I am studying it. The course involves looking at gothic literature from the 18th Century to the present really. It is a mixture of literature, philosophy, history and psychology. Well, that's what it looks like to me anyway. I thought it sounded very interesting and would keep me entertained and learning. I haven't studied literature since A level and I'm really looking forward to it.

I will be attending classes 2 nights a week and expect to have to do 10-15 hours extra reading a week as well. I think I'm going to find it hard work.

I work full time here at the University, so I already know my way around, which makes life a bit easier.

I'll keep you posted as to how I am getting on.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home